Craziest Survival Stories- Extreme Legends of Wilderness Survival | Tricky Travellers

Published 1 week ago


The great wilderness can turn on us in an instant if we don't execute everything carefully, and even if we do there's no assurance of security. However, people are resilient and not even nature's severest punishments can kill us every time. Survival Stories remind us of the risks that come with a life of adventure but make us appreciate all the times we’ve successfully overcome a difficult quest.

Here are few unbelievable stories of people getting hit by the wilderness and living to share the story

Roberto Canessa and 15 other survivors

On October 13th, 1972, an Uruguayan airplane conveying 45 passengers crashed into the center of the Andes. Large-scale search and rescue endeavors were undertaken and supported by administrations in Uruguay, Chile, and Argentina, however, after ten days with no findings the passengers were believed dead and the investigation was called off. Then, 70 days after the crash, two bearded and skinny men appeared in Chile, arriving on foot out of the Andes and proclaiming them to be passengers of the abandoned plane. A mistrusting world looked on as the men headed rescuers to find out 14 other survivors from the plane who had survived for over two months on the mountain.

There were 33 survivors in the crash; the maximum were members or supporters of the rugby team which had hired the airplane to fly to Chile for a match. Although they were convinced of coming rescue, the survivors, under the direction of rugby team captain Marcelo Pérez, coordinated their actions over the next few days to vacate the plane of waste, melt snow into the water to prevent dehydration, and fabricate ways to protect from freezing to death in the subzero temperatures of the night. They saved a little quantity of food and wine, and these they shared hardly until rescue would arrive. But no rescue appeared, and after ten days they heard the announcement on the tiny transistor radio they had found in the plane that the investigation had been called off. Desperate, starving, and with no expectation of being saved, the survivors made the tough decision to eat the bodies of the dead in order to survive. With food in their stomachs they were determined to escape on their own, however, they nonetheless suffered terribly from starvation, cold, illness, injuries, and horrible weather.


It's difficult enough to support yourself after being wounded in a plane crash; however, with a whole family to protect, things become exponentially harder. That's what creates Donald Evans' story absolutely unbelievable. On August 13, 2011, Evans and his family took a Cessna plane to their new residence in Anvik, Alaska. Unfortunately, the skies turned cloudy, concealing the pilot's perspective. They end up crashing into a cliff, killing the pilot and another passenger instantly. When Evans came to, he found that his back, legs, jaw, and feet were broken. Awful, it initially appeared like his whole family was lifeless. They weren't, but they survived critically wounded. Bones were broken, his pregnant wife was coughing up blood, his son's body was crushed under the plane's floorboards, and his daughter's intestines stood "severed." Meanwhile, Donald could hardly walk yet was doing his best to crawl to each family member and aid as best he could.

Night fell, the temperature lowered, and no rescuers arrived. Donald struggled to keep everyone awake, as falling asleep in temperature this cold could have killed them. However, after 15 hours, he had abandoned hope. He fed his family some oranges as a final meal, and then let them rest. The National Guard had different ideas, a helicopter came only a few minutes later to gather everyone. Amazingly, they all lived, including their unborn daughter.

Steven Callahan

American inventor and shipbuilder Steven Callahan sailed his homemade boat successfully from Rhode Island to the United Kingdom. On the evening of January 29, 1982, Steven Callahan set sail solitary in his tiny sailboat from the Canary Islands bound for the Caribbean. On February 5, the boat sank in a hurricane, vacating Callahan deserted in the Atlantic in a five-and-a-half-foot inflatable rubber raft – unclothed, except for a t-shirt, with merely three pounds of food, a few handfuls of equipment, and eight pints of water. He glid for 76 days, and over 1800 miles of ocean before he entered land and rescue in the Bahamas.

Juliane Koepcke

Juliane Koepcke had two big survival stories to let out by the climax of her ordeal. On Christmas Eve 1971, Koepcke flew on LANSA Flight 508. The plane was hit by lightning. The plane started to deteriorate in midair, and Koepcke found herself regardless strapped to her seat—two miles above the Peruvian rain forest. She was injured and battered. Her collarbone stood broken. However she was alive, the sole survivor of the flight. And then, she found herself in the forest alone. Some candy was her only food, but she discovered a tiny stream. She swam down water in it, able to keep herself hydrated at the same time.

The insects in the forest ceased short of chewing her alive and maggots had contaminated her arm, however, after nine days, she was able to discover an encampment. She gave herself basic first aid, comprising sprinkling gasoline on the maggot infection. A few hours later, lumber workers found her, providing her first aid and taking her to an extra inhabited region where she was airlifted to a hospital.

Aron Ralston

In 2003, Ralston was hiking independently in Bluejohn Canyon in Canyonlands National Park in southeast Utah. While he was coming down into one of the remote and extremely thin valleys, a boulder fell and caught his right arm. For five days he survived off of packed water and snacks, expecting someone would locate him. Problem was, not just the area remote, but he furthermore hadn’t informed anyone where he was departing.

Comprehending he may never be found he was compelled to amputate his arm by cutting through the bone wielding his multi-tool that incorporated a knife. After freeing himself, he commenced the seven-mile walk back to his truck. During his path, a family observed him and alerted administrations. He lost 40 pounds during his hardship, and somehow, miraculously, resisted bleeding to death. He presently continues to mountaineer and acts as a motivational speaker.

Mr. Beck Weathers

Weathers, a 49-year-old Texan pathologist armed with a midlife crisis, carried a motive of climbing the highest mountains in the world. In the spring of 1996, he was about to make the ultimate push toward the climax of Everest, however, at 28,000 feet, he began losing his vision due to his previous surgery. The guide chose to leave Weathers behind and proceed with the climb with the remainder of their group. So as the other climbers waved past him, Weather patiently waited, during which time other passing climbers proposed to support him down, however, he declined.

That's when the storm started. This is when he ultimately decided to climb down. However, it was too late. By the period help reached, they found Weathers was beyond rescue, bearing against the storm with his right arm uncovered and frozen solid. He was deranged with hypothermia and hypoxia. The next day when doctors appeared back to examine, he had fallen into a hypothermic coma. They vacated him there, delivered the information to the family, and the funeral began.

But Weathers woke up from his coma, discovering himself buried in snow. He stood, and commenced to walk toward the high camp. Almost blind, wrapped in snow, right hand frozen solid, his face pitch black with frostbite, he trudged on. He somehow arrived at the camp. A few days later, he was airlifted and carried to Kathmandu. He lost his right arm from the elbow down and lost his nose as well, which were supposedly the only parts of his body that weren't made of adamantium. He went on to serve as a motivational speaker.

Chris Gursky

Chris Gursky, a Florida-based vehicle parts manager, and photographer, almost died to hang gliding. While holidaying in Switzerland in November 2018, traveler Chris Gursky decided to try out some hang-gliding. Unfortunately, his pilot did not appropriately attach him to the flying equipment, and Gursky had to hold on for life as the pilot attempted to safely land. The whole flight lasted slightly more than two minutes. The hang glider aviates from a mountain that was 4,000 feet elevated. For almost three minutes, Chris Gursky held on for life and had it all captured on camera. Luckily for him, the pilot was able to support him hold on with one arm, and safely navigate the glider with another so Gursky could drop off safely. Gursky ended up breaking his wrist in the fall and ripped his bicep from holding onto the bar so tightly but he survived to share the story.

These are real-life survival stories, shared by the people who lived them and they are loaded with real experience knowledge.

Category: Information


No Comment yet. Be the first :)